Dr. Birim Boyer (Office Manager)
Glenn A. Williams, Ph.D
Brian S. Boyer, Ph.D. Founder
Dr. Boyer (Brian) is a scientific generalist having over 16 years with top law firms that include the former Wallenstein & Wagner of Chicago, the former Pennie & Edmonds of New York, Squire Sanders & Dempsey of San Francisco, and Perkins Coie of Seattle. The times are changing in the marketplace, however, and clients are simply demanding efficient legal services. As a result, Brian has been changing with the times and is responding to client demands by building a highly functional and efficient legal practice through the platform of Syndicated Law.
Brian specializes in strategic planning for patent portfolios, evaluation of competitor patent portfolios, and client counseling regarding avoiding patent infringement. He has extensive experience with patent preparation and prosecution in many technical fields including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, drug delivery, chemistry, materials, processes, mechanical devices, and information technologies, in addition to providing litigation support for asserting and defending intellectual property. Brian has substantial experience working with companies of all sizes and has developed an expertise in the nuances of counseling and assisting the emerging company. He not only provides legal counsel as a day-to-day service but he also provides a value add by integrating his clients throughout his extensive network of professional connections
REPRESENTATIVE SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS
• FountainBlue Life Science Entrepreneurs Forum: Presenter, Positioning Your Life Science Company for Outside Funding, March 19,
2007; and, Moderator, R&D Funding Opportunities, April 16, 2007.
• Bay Area Startup Network: Presenter, Adding Value to Your Company Through IP, June 19, 2008.
• FountainBlue/RAL Associates, Transitions Group: Presenter, Diversity and Innovation as a Competitive Advantage: A Patent Lawyers
Perspective, August 21, 2008; and, Moderator, From the Layoff to the Onboarding: What Executives Need to Know to Navigate the
Process, January 22, 2009.
• FountainBlue High-Tech Entrepreneurs Forum: Moderator, Angel Investor Panel - Technology Trends in 2009, January 12, 2009.
• Bio2Device Group: Presenter, Insights from the Cast of a Technology Company, January 13, 2009.
• Business Development Academy: Moderator, IP Assett Management An Overview of Best Practices, March 24, 2009, Maximizing
Returns on IP Portfolios Conference.
• Korean Trade Association of Northern California: Presenter, Intellectual Property Overview: IP? What is it and why bother? An Overview
of IP Practices; August 13 - 16, 2009, ChaSeDae Trade School, Overseas.
US Angel Investors, Bay Area Startup Network, Bio2Device Group, Business Development Academy, California Bar Association, American Intellectual Property Law Association, Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association, Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Legal: Technology & Intellectual Property Strategies Group PC, Patent Attorney, Partner/Shareholder; Perkins Coie LLP, Patent Attorney; Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP, Patent Attorney; Pennie & Edmonds LLP, Patent Attorney; Symyx Technologies, Inc, Patent Law Specialist; Wallenstein & Wagner Ltd, Patent Law Specialist
Pre-Legal: Weyerhauser Co., Research Engineer; Kamyr, Inc., Chemist; Borgess Medical Center, Radiologic Technologist; Battle Creek Sanitarium, Radiologic Technologist;Community Hospital, Radiologic Technologist; Leila Hospital, Radiologic Technologist
Santa Clara University School of Law, JD; IPST at Georgia Tech, M.S. and Ph.D., Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials, and Biology; Western Michigan University, B.S., Health Sciences, Chemistry, and Radiology
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
California, Michigan, United States Patent & Trademark Office, United States Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Federal Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Matt Tapson, CPA, MBA, (Accounts Receiving and Payable)
Angelina M. Pasero